Long Island News
Funeral for firefighter who worked at ground zero
WOODBURY (WABC) -- A Long Island community gathered on Wednesday to say goodbye to a former fire captain who helped with recovery efforts at ground zero.
Former Plainview Fire Captain Danny Levy, 54, died Monday from respiratory problems.
Friends and former co-workers say Levy's problems began shortly after his work at the World Trade Center site.
Nassau County Executive Ed Manganao has ordered flags to fly at half-staff in his honor through January 15.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, long island news
- Winter Weather Advisory 15 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City 32 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream 20 min ago
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
32 min ago
- Winter Weather Advisory
15 min ago