Long Island News
Funeral for firefighter who worked at ground zero
WOODBURY (WABC) -- A Long Island community gathered on Wednesday to say goodbye to a former fire captain who helped with recovery efforts at ground zero.
Former Plainview Fire Captain Danny Levy, 54, died Monday from respiratory problems.
Friends and former co-workers say Levy's problems began shortly after his work at the World Trade Center site.
Nassau County Executive Ed Manganao has ordered flags to fly at half-staff in his honor through January 15.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, long island news
- At least 6 dead, 69 hurt in East Harlem explosion 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day 13 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two East Harlem explosion victims identified
- Survivors describe explosion in East Harlem
- Dozens homeless after East Harlem buildings destroyed
- Video: 2 men describe pulling child out of rubble
- Investigators focus on an old cast-iron gas pipeline
- Video: East Harlem Explosion on social media
- Video: Damage throughout neighborhood after East...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- Metro-North service restored after East Harlem explosion
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
13 min ago