Long Island News
Long Island school damaged during Sandy closed again
LAWRENCE (WABC) -- A high school on Long Island damaged during Superstorm Sandy is once again closed and will remain so for two months.
An emergency meeting was held at Lawrence Middle School Tuesday night to discuss the conditions at the high school.
The high school reopened recently after it was deemed safe.
Now with the school closed again because its electrical system needs repairing, students are being sent to other buildings.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, lawrence, superstorm sandy, long island news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos