Long Island News
Written threat sparks school evacuation in Seaford
SEAFORD (WABC) -- A written threat found in a bathroom sparked evacuation of a middle school in Seaford Wednesday morning, Nassau County police said.
An administrator found the threat at the Seaford Middle School around 9:35 a.m.
Police were called to the scene. Details of the note were not released.
The school was evacuated as a precaution, officials said. It remained evacuated until around 12:20 p.m. as investigators searched the school. Officials determined the building was safe.
The incident came a day after a report of a suspicious person prompted a daylong lockdown at Elmont Memorial High School in Nassau County.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, long island news
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 6 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 43 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
43 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos