Long Island News
Lock Downs lifted for two Nassau County schools
HEWLETT (WABC) -- George W. Hewlett and Baldwin Senior High School were placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after two separate reports.
A handwritten message was found on a bathroom wall threatening a shooting at the high school at 12:15 p.m. in Baldwin.
Baldwin High School and Brookside Elementary School were put in an emergency mode as a precaution. No students were being let into or out of the school until everything was lifted and returned to normal.
Earlier, Nassau police responded to George W. Hewlett High School in Nassau County after the report of a student with a gun.
School officials say someone passed a note that said a student had a gun. They brought the student to the attendance office, and no gun was found.
The lockdown was lifted and students returned to class.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, hewlett, school lockdown, long island news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- Man caught on camera using cloned ATM card 54 min ago
- BridgeGate panel could call Gov. Chris Christie to testify 38 min ago
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 26 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 26 min ago