Long Island News
Long Island school bus driver charged with drunk driving
FARMINGDALE, N.Y. -- A school bus driver has been charged with driving while intoxicated after he hit a parked car on Long Island.
Newsday reports (http://bit.ly/WdBMxX ) that there were four students aboard the bus when it crashed just before noon Friday in Farmingdale.
Nobody was injured, but police said the 47-year-old driver was checked out at a hospital after he complained of having difficulty breathing.
Police said officers on the scene determined that the driver was impaired by drugs.
Police say the children on the bus were between ages six and 12. Authorities didn't identify which schools the students were from.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, farmingdale, school bus accident, dwi, drunk driving, long island news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito 16 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
29 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos