Long Island News
Jewish Community Center opens for first time since Sandy
OCEANSIDE (WABC) -- There was a major milestone on the road to Sandy recovery for a community on Long Island.
The Friedberg Jewish Community Center in Oceanside opened Sunday for the first time since Superstorm Sandy hit in October.
The building was severely damaged when it was flooded with nearly a foot of water.
Administrators at the center say being back is a comfort to many people as they continue to rebuild their lives.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, oceanside, superstorm sandy, long island news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 54 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 7 min ago
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
10 min ago