Long Island News
Jewish Community Center opens for first time since Sandy
OCEANSIDE (WABC) -- There was a major milestone on the road to Sandy recovery for a community on Long Island.
The Friedberg Jewish Community Center in Oceanside opened Sunday for the first time since Superstorm Sandy hit in October.
The building was severely damaged when it was flooded with nearly a foot of water.
Administrators at the center say being back is a comfort to many people as they continue to rebuild their lives.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, oceanside, superstorm sandy, long island news
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen