Long Island News
Long Island dentist accused of practicing while drunk
LINDENHURST (WABC) -- Suffolk County police arrested a dentist who was allegedly under the influence of alcohol while he conducted a dental procedure on a patient Monday afternoon.
Authorities say 57-year-old Robert Garelick, of Melville, was arrested at his Lindenhurst dental office after someone reported that he appeared intoxicated.
Officers responded to the office on North Wellwood Avenue at approximately 4:30 p.m. and reportedly observed Garelick performing dental work on a patient while under the influence.
Garelick, who is licensed to practice dentistry by the State of New York, was charged with one count of second-degree reckless endangerment.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, lindenhurst, melville, long island news
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site 6 min ago
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at...
6 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos