Long Island News
Long Island dentist accused of practicing while drunk
LINDENHURST (WABC) -- Suffolk County police arrested a dentist who was allegedly under the influence of alcohol while he conducted a dental procedure on a patient Monday afternoon.
Authorities say 57-year-old Robert Garelick, of Melville, was arrested at his Lindenhurst dental office after someone reported that he appeared intoxicated.
Officers responded to the office on North Wellwood Avenue at approximately 4:30 p.m. and reportedly observed Garelick performing dental work on a patient while under the influence.
Garelick, who is licensed to practice dentistry by the State of New York, was charged with one count of second-degree reckless endangerment.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, lindenhurst, melville, long island news
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 8 min ago
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath & Beyond 58 min ago
- High winds damage power lines, Bed, Bath & Beyond store 21 min ago
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- Alleged drunk driver rams crowd, kills 2 at SXSW in Texas