Long Island News
Long Island dentist accused of practicing while drunk
LINDENHURST (WABC) -- Suffolk County police arrested a dentist who was allegedly under the influence of alcohol while he conducted a dental procedure on a patient Monday afternoon.
Authorities say 57-year-old Robert Garelick, of Melville, was arrested at his Lindenhurst dental office after someone reported that he appeared intoxicated.
Officers responded to the office on North Wellwood Avenue at approximately 4:30 p.m. and reportedly observed Garelick performing dental work on a patient while under the influence.
Garelick, who is licensed to practice dentistry by the State of New York, was charged with one count of second-degree reckless endangerment.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, lindenhurst, melville, long island news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- Workers remove rubble in East Harlem
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing