Long Island News
Cement trucker charged in bus driver's death
LOCUST VALLEY -- A cement truck driver has been charged with manslaughter and assault six months after he struck an overpass and then a school bus on Long Island, killing the driver.
Police said Wednesday that 44-year-old Mineola resident Raymond Ragen faces a litany of charges, including reckless driving and aggravated vehicular assault, after the July crash in Locust Valley.
The crash killed 45-year-old bus driver Jorge Guevara and injured four children and a bus attendant.
Police say Ragen's truck smashed into a railroad underpass because it was too tall to fit underneath, then hit the oncoming bus.
In a news release Wednesday, police say Ragen also faces a charge he was using a cellphone while driving.
He will be arraigned later Wednesday at First District Court in Hempstead.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, manslaughter, bus, bus accident, long island news
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured 5 min ago
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb?
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting 8 min ago
- Roosevelt Island Peace Officers accused of abusing power
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- Jose Canseco investigated for Las Vegas sex assault
- Hats get women ejected from mall
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos