Long Island News
Man charged with disseminating indecent material to girl
SUFFOLK COUNTY (WABC) -- A Brooklyn man is facking charges on Long Island after he allegedly disseminated indecent material to a 10-year-old girl who lives in Suffolk County.
Suffolk County police arrested 35-year-old John Burke after they say he contacted the girl through Facebook earlier this month and requested to engage in a sex act.
Burke, who is a friend of the victim's family, was arrested at his home and was charged with disseminating indecent material to a child.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, suffolk county, brooklyn, long island news
- Winter Weather Advisory 58 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City 1 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream 24 min ago
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
1 min ago
- Winter Weather Advisory
58 min ago