Long Island News
Celebrity architect arrested for child porn
EAST MORICHES, N.Y. (WABC) -- Celebrity architect Jay Lockett Sears was arraigned on child pornography charges.
FBI agents arrested the 73-year-old at his home in East Moriches, Friday morning.
He is accused of taking picture of children in public settings and then superimposing their heads onto the bodies of adults in sexual situations.
Some images included those in which Sears allegedly pasted his own facial images onto the bodies of other males so as to appear as if he were having sexual relations with children.
Prosecutors say the investigation started when hundreds of the altered images were found in the trash.
Sears also runs his own charitable organization for troubled families.
If convicted, the defendant faces a maximum sentence of 10 years' imprisonment.
Parents who believe that their children may have been the victims of persons involved in child pornography should contact the Suffolk County Computer Crimes Squad at (631) 852-6279, or the Federal Bureau of Investigation at (631) 501-8600.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, child porn, long island news
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos