Long Island News
Celebrity architect arrested for child porn
EAST MORICHES, N.Y. (WABC) -- Celebrity architect Jay Lockett Sears was arraigned on child pornography charges.
FBI agents arrested the 73-year-old at his home in East Moriches, Friday morning.
He is accused of taking picture of children in public settings and then superimposing their heads onto the bodies of adults in sexual situations.
Some images included those in which Sears allegedly pasted his own facial images onto the bodies of other males so as to appear as if he were having sexual relations with children.
Prosecutors say the investigation started when hundreds of the altered images were found in the trash.
Sears also runs his own charitable organization for troubled families.
If convicted, the defendant faces a maximum sentence of 10 years' imprisonment.
Parents who believe that their children may have been the victims of persons involved in child pornography should contact the Suffolk County Computer Crimes Squad at (631) 852-6279, or the Federal Bureau of Investigation at (631) 501-8600.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, child porn, long island news
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly found 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 43 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins 30 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly...
46 min ago