Long Island News
Long Island man charged with DWI with teen in car
WEST BABYLON (WABC) -- A Long Island man is accused of driving drunk with a child in his car.
Police say 19-year-old Cory Bennett crashed into a pole at the corner of First Avenue and Ninth sSreet in West Babylon around 11:30 p.m. Thursday.
Bennett was transported to Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip and was treated for a possible drug overdose. The passengers, a 15-year-old male, a 19-year-old male and two 20-year-old males, were uninjured.
Bennett was arrested and charged with felony DWI under Leandra's Law, which increases drunk driving penalties for any driver with a passenger 15 years or younger
He is also charged with endangering the welfare of a child.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, west babylon, drunk driving, drugged driving, leandra's law, long island news
- 3 critical after fire tears through Brooklyn home 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique 49 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated 54 min ago
- MTA launches new apps for LIRR, Metro-North riders 43 min ago
- New York Army cadet accused of emailing child porn
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident