Long Island News
Man charged with making threats over parking ticket
HUNTINGTON, N.Y. -- Authorities say a Long Island man was taken into custody after he made threats in connection to the payment of a parking ticket.
Suffolk County police say 55-year old Robert Murphy was at Huntington Town Hall on Saturday morning and became irate over a parking summons.
They say he yelled threats at a town employee. He was taken into custody and evaluated at the hospital.
Police then charged him with making a terroristic threat.
A .45 caliber rifle was removed from his home on Hazard Avenue in Huntington Station.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, huntington, arrest, threats, long island news
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland 45 min ago
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction 41 min ago
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Sea Isle fire destroys 3 beachfront homes 33 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Yonkers family outraged after dog mauled by pit bull 28 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
24 min ago
- Suspect identified in attempted baby...
41 min ago