Long Island News
Man charged with making threats over parking ticket
HUNTINGTON, N.Y. -- Authorities say a Long Island man was taken into custody after he made threats in connection to the payment of a parking ticket.
Suffolk County police say 55-year old Robert Murphy was at Huntington Town Hall on Saturday morning and became irate over a parking summons.
They say he yelled threats at a town employee. He was taken into custody and evaluated at the hospital.
Police then charged him with making a terroristic threat.
A .45 caliber rifle was removed from his home on Hazard Avenue in Huntington Station.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, huntington, arrest, threats, long island news
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos