Long Island News
Two accused of stealing heating oil from Long Island homes
MASTIC, N.Y. (WABC) -- Two people are under arrest on charges of stealing home heating oil from homes on Long Island. .
Suffolk County Police say 46-year old Frank Dawson and 44-year old Towania McCrae stole the oil from storage tanks on the property of eight vacant homes in the Mastic area.
On Saturday night, officers say they observed the two pumping heating oil from the underground tank of an unoccupied home on Hampton Ave. in Mastic and transferring the oil to three storage tanks that they were carrying in the rear of Dawson's pickup truck.
After the officers placed both suspects under arrest, police say Dawson took the officers to seven other locations in Mastic where he had previously stolen home heating oil.
The two are charged with Petit Larceny and Possession of Burglar's Tools.
Dawson is also charged with Criminal Trespass 3rd Degree.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, mastic, theft, long island news
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Video: Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade