Long Island News
Sentencing day for Long Island burglary suspects
CENTEREACH (WABC) -- Two young men on Long Island will be sentenced Thursday after pleading guilty to burglary charges in Suffolk County.
Maurice Jones and Sion Sosa were arrested last May for burglarizing a home in Setauket, where where they stole a video game system, a camera and some coins.
The 20-year-old Jones and 19-year-old Sosa, both of Centereach, caused an estimated $8,000 in damage after they left the faucets running, which caused the floor to collapse.
Two of their victims are expected to attend the sentencing to deliver impact statements.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, centereach, burglary, long island news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- Man caught on camera using cloned ATM card
- BridgeGate panel could call Gov. Chris Christie to testify
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 21 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014