Long Island News
Sentencing day for Long Island burglary suspects
CENTEREACH (WABC) -- Two young men on Long Island will be sentenced Thursday after pleading guilty to burglary charges in Suffolk County.
Maurice Jones and Sion Sosa were arrested last May for burglarizing a home in Setauket, where where they stole a video game system, a camera and some coins.
The 20-year-old Jones and 19-year-old Sosa, both of Centereach, caused an estimated $8,000 in damage after they left the faucets running, which caused the floor to collapse.
Two of their victims are expected to attend the sentencing to deliver impact statements.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, centereach, burglary, long island news
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement 46 min ago
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
46 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos