Long Island News
Dad charged with driving drunk with kids in car
ROSLYN -- A Long Island man is accused of driving drunk with his two children in the car.
Nassau County police say Ja Mail Lewis was traveling westbound on the Long Island Expressway with his 14- and 12-year-old daughters.
Police say they received a 911 call from the older sister who said she believed her father was drunk.
Police spotted the vehicle stopped on the shoulder near exit 39 in Roslyn at 9:45 p.m. Wednesday.
Lewis was charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated and other charges.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, roslyn, drunk driving, leandra's law, long island news
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Snow for some 14 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops St. Patrick's Day parade sponsorship 4 min ago
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
- AccuWeather: Snow for some
14 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos