Long Island News
Dad charged with driving drunk with kids in car
ROSLYN -- A Long Island man is accused of driving drunk with his two children in the car.
Nassau County police say Ja Mail Lewis was traveling westbound on the Long Island Expressway with his 14- and 12-year-old daughters.
Police say they received a 911 call from the older sister who said she believed her father was drunk.
Police spotted the vehicle stopped on the shoulder near exit 39 in Roslyn at 9:45 p.m. Wednesday.
Lewis was charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated and other charges.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, roslyn, drunk driving, leandra's law, long island news
- London theatre roof collapses; Dozens injured 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Sales: Last minute holiday gifts
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- 4 juveniles charges in possible knockout attacks
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos