Long Island News
Police: Date a ruse for robbery
NORTH AMITYVILLE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police say a Long Island woman used a date as a ruse to set up a man for a robbery.
Police say the victim took Virginia Miller out to dinner to celebrate her birthday.
When the couple pulled up to a home in North Amityville, Miller allegedly sent a text to five men to come outside and rob him.
Police say they beat the man and stole his wallet, iPhone, tablet and the chocolates he gave Miller for her birthday.
Miller and three of the men were arrested.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, robbery, long island news
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 31 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl 29 min ago
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport 39 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse 40 min ago
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- Two women hold top 2 spots in Newark Police Department
- Former Gov. Jon Corzine's son dies
- Photos: $2.35 million 'Modern Family' home for sale