Long Island News
Police look for pit bulls in 4 Long Island attacks
LAKEVIEW (WABC) -- Nassau County police are on the lookout for two pit bulls that attacked four people in separate incidents on Long Island Tuesday.
The incidents happened between 6:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. in Lakeview.
A teenager and three women had to go to the hospital, but the extent of their injuries was not clear.
The first incident involved a 16-year-old boy who was walking on Parkside Road and Cedar Road. He suffered injuries to his left arm.
About 10 minutes later, the same two pit bulls attacked a 54-year-old female who was walking on Pinebrook Avenue and Parkside Road.
As a result, she also suffered injuries to her left arm.
Ten minutes after the second incident, a 24-year-old woman was bitten on the leg and arm on Pinebrook Avenue and Tyler Road.
A 29-year-old woman on Clinton Avenue was the last victim. She was attacked and suffered injuries to her face, left arm, right arm and left shoulder.
An intensive area search for the dogs was coordinated and conducted utilizing Bureau of Special Operations Officers, Emergency Services Unit, Aviation Unit, Fourth Precinct Patrol Officers and Town of Hempstead Animal Control Officers.
They were unable to locate the dogs.
Officers request anyone who may have information regarding these dogs to contact the Fourth Precinct at (516) 573-6400.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, nassau county, dog attack, pit bulls, long island news, stacey sager
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster 15 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
15 min ago