Long Island News
Sentencing day for Long Island bus driver in DUI case
RIVERHEAD (WABC) -- A Long Island school bus driver will face sentencing for drunken driving.
The Suffolk County DA's office says Robert Stundis of Bohemia will appear Friday in a Riverhead court.
He was pulled over at Exit 60 on the Long Island Expressway on Oct. 10.
Other drivers had called 911 to report a mini-bus swerving from lane-to-lane with a blown front tire. Stundis had dropped off the last child in the Three Village School District about a half-hour before that.
The deputy sheriff who stopped him said Stundis didn't realize he was driving on three tires. Authorities say a half-empty bottle of vodka was found on the console of the bus.
Stundis pleaded guilty to 12 violations of Leandra's Law, which makes drunk driving a felony if any child age 15 and under is present in the vehicle.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, riverdale, long island expressway, drunk driving, leandra's law, long island news
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some 3 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub 51 min ago
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- NJ man dies in Long Island Sound canoe accident
- Newtown mental health funding running low
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown 25 min ago
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after...
25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
3 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos