Long Island News
Police open fire on loose pit bulls
UNIONDALE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police in Nassau County opened fire on a pair of pit bulls.
Police say the dogs escaped a fenced-in yard in Uniondale late Friday afternoon and ended up chasing a group of children.
Officers who responded to the scene say when the dogs charged at them.
One of the officers fired a shot, but did not hit either dog.
They were later tranquilized and seized by animal control.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, uniondale, pit bulls, long island news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments