Long Island News
Police open fire on loose pit bulls
UNIONDALE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police in Nassau County opened fire on a pair of pit bulls.
Police say the dogs escaped a fenced-in yard in Uniondale late Friday afternoon and ended up chasing a group of children.
Officers who responded to the scene say when the dogs charged at them.
One of the officers fired a shot, but did not hit either dog.
They were later tranquilized and seized by animal control.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, uniondale, pit bulls, long island news
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Woman dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 6 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- MTA launches new apps for LIRR, Metro-North riders
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300 51 min ago