Long Island News
Police open fire on loose pit bulls
UNIONDALE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police in Nassau County opened fire on a pair of pit bulls.
Police say the dogs escaped a fenced-in yard in Uniondale late Friday afternoon and ended up chasing a group of children.
Officers who responded to the scene say when the dogs charged at them.
One of the officers fired a shot, but did not hit either dog.
They were later tranquilized and seized by animal control.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, uniondale, pit bulls, long island news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos