Long Island News
Nassau County gun buyback brings in over 300 firearms
UNIONDALE, N.Y. -- A gun buyback event held at a Long Island church brought in 330 firearms.
Nassau County authorities held the session Saturday afternoon at Grace Cathedral International church in Uniondale, N.Y.
Newsday reported (http://bit.ly/VnEPXo ) that the haul of weapons was mostly made up of handguns. There were 17 assault rifles collected as well.
Those who turned in weapons got $100 for rifles, $200 for handguns and $400 for assault rifles.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, uniondale, gun buy back, gun control, long island news
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 18 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire 9 min ago
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in...
9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
18 min ago