Long Island News
Body found in Massapequa identified
MASSAPEQUA (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are investigating the mysterious death of a woman in Massapequa.
The body of 60 year-old Irene Luetje was found outside a vacant home on Ocean Avenue on February 14th.
There does not appear to be trauma to the victim, officials said.
Her family says she was a healthy happy woman.
"Too many things just don't think to fit together properly," said Lorraine Hause, the victim's sister.
A contractor found her body outside the house on Ocean Avenue, which is more than five miles away from where she lived and more than 10 miles away from Farmingdale State College where she was a secretary.
Police say they are absolutely stumped and want people to call them if they saw Luetje recently.
Police say Luetje's purse was found near her body with all of her cash still in it.
Her sister says she last talked to her sister on Christmas Day. Luetje told her that she wasn't feeling well.
Luetje was seen on surveillance video on January 7th, buying cough drops at a local CVS.
Detectives request anyone with information regarding this person to contact the Homicide Squad at 516-573-8800
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, massapequa, body found, long island news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at N.J. shopping center 47 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- US deploys 600 troops to Ukraine border nations 41 min ago
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- One dead, another rescued in Long Island fire
- Not so fast! Palcohol not approved by federal government
- Passengers step up to help elderly man in bus brawl
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Brooklyn hit and run suspect identified by police
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos