Long Island News
Body found in Massapequa identified
MASSAPEQUA (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are investigating the mysterious death of a woman in Massapequa.
The body of 60 year-old Irene Luetje was found outside a vacant home on Ocean Avenue on February 14th.
There does not appear to be trauma to the victim, officials said.
Her family says she was a healthy happy woman.
"Too many things just don't think to fit together properly," said Lorraine Hause, the victim's sister.
A contractor found her body outside the house on Ocean Avenue, which is more than five miles away from where she lived and more than 10 miles away from Farmingdale State College where she was a secretary.
Police say they are absolutely stumped and want people to call them if they saw Luetje recently.
Police say Luetje's purse was found near her body with all of her cash still in it.
Her sister says she last talked to her sister on Christmas Day. Luetje told her that she wasn't feeling well.
Luetje was seen on surveillance video on January 7th, buying cough drops at a local CVS.
Detectives request anyone with information regarding this person to contact the Homicide Squad at 516-573-8800
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, massapequa, body found, long island news
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn. 23 min ago
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- NJ Transit buses delayed 30 minutes
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Tree trouble in Dumont
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Parts of Saw Mill Parkway remain closed due...
14 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos