Long Island News
Body found in Massapequa identified
MASSAPEQUA (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are investigating the mysterious death of a woman in Massapequa.
The body of 60 year-old Irene Luetje was found outside a vacant home on Ocean Avenue on February 14th.
There does not appear to be trauma to the victim, officials said.
Her family says she was a healthy happy woman.
"Too many things just don't think to fit together properly," said Lorraine Hause, the victim's sister.
A contractor found her body outside the house on Ocean Avenue, which is more than five miles away from where she lived and more than 10 miles away from Farmingdale State College where she was a secretary.
Police say they are absolutely stumped and want people to call them if they saw Luetje recently.
Police say Luetje's purse was found near her body with all of her cash still in it.
Her sister says she last talked to her sister on Christmas Day. Luetje told her that she wasn't feeling well.
Luetje was seen on surveillance video on January 7th, buying cough drops at a local CVS.
Detectives request anyone with information regarding this person to contact the Homicide Squad at 516-573-8800
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, massapequa, body found, long island news
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- Success Academy parents to sue in charter school fight 33 min ago
- Obama to meet with Ukraine prime minister Wednesday 17 min ago
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos