Long Island News
Police: Drunk woman flees traffic stop, hits cop car
MEDFORD (WABC) -- A Long Island woman is facing charges after she allegedly crashed into a police cruiser while driving drunk.
Police say 45-year-old Pendoria Jackson, of Medford, was arrested after she fled a traffic stop on Sills Road around 9:30 p.m. Friday.
She allegedly drove off after police pulled her over for erratic driving, then hit a stop sign, police car and another car that stopped at a red light.
Authorities say she narrowly missed hitting two officers who were on foot.
Two officers were injured while attempting to break the window of Jackson's vehicle. They were taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Center in East Patchogue and treated for minor injuries.
Jackson and the driver of the other car were also treated at the same hospital for minor injuries.
She is charged with felony DWI, unlawfully fleeing a police officer in a motor vehicle, criminal mischief, reckless endangerment and reckless driving.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, suffolk county, medford, drunk driving, long island news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall