Long Island News
Police: Drunk woman flees traffic stop, hits cop car
MEDFORD (WABC) -- A Long Island woman is facing charges after she allegedly crashed into a police cruiser while driving drunk.
Police say 45-year-old Pendoria Jackson, of Medford, was arrested after she fled a traffic stop on Sills Road around 9:30 p.m. Friday.
She allegedly drove off after police pulled her over for erratic driving, then hit a stop sign, police car and another car that stopped at a red light.
Authorities say she narrowly missed hitting two officers who were on foot.
Two officers were injured while attempting to break the window of Jackson's vehicle. They were taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Center in East Patchogue and treated for minor injuries.
Jackson and the driver of the other car were also treated at the same hospital for minor injuries.
She is charged with felony DWI, unlawfully fleeing a police officer in a motor vehicle, criminal mischief, reckless endangerment and reckless driving.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, suffolk county, medford, drunk driving, long island news
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Suspense builds for season finale of 'Scandal'