Long Island News
Police: Drunk woman flees traffic stop, hits cop car
MEDFORD (WABC) -- A Long Island woman is facing charges after she allegedly crashed into a police cruiser while driving drunk.
Police say 45-year-old Pendoria Jackson, of Medford, was arrested after she fled a traffic stop on Sills Road around 9:30 p.m. Friday.
She allegedly drove off after police pulled her over for erratic driving, then hit a stop sign, police car and another car that stopped at a red light.
Authorities say she narrowly missed hitting two officers who were on foot.
Two officers were injured while attempting to break the window of Jackson's vehicle. They were taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Center in East Patchogue and treated for minor injuries.
Jackson and the driver of the other car were also treated at the same hospital for minor injuries.
She is charged with felony DWI, unlawfully fleeing a police officer in a motor vehicle, criminal mischief, reckless endangerment and reckless driving.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, suffolk county, medford, drunk driving, long island news
- London attack could be terror-related, officials say 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb?
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police 51 min ago
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- FBI shoots man possibly linked to Boston bomb suspects,...
- Hats get women ejected from mall
- Garcia apologizes for "fried chicken" remark about Tiger
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos