Long Island News
Police: Drunk woman flees traffic stop, hits cop car
MEDFORD (WABC) -- A Long Island woman is facing charges after she allegedly crashed into a police cruiser while driving drunk.
Police say 45-year-old Pendoria Jackson, of Medford, was arrested after she fled a traffic stop on Sills Road around 9:30 p.m. Friday.
She allegedly drove off after police pulled her over for erratic driving, then hit a stop sign, police car and another car that stopped at a red light.
Authorities say she narrowly missed hitting two officers who were on foot.
Two officers were injured while attempting to break the window of Jackson's vehicle. They were taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Center in East Patchogue and treated for minor injuries.
Jackson and the driver of the other car were also treated at the same hospital for minor injuries.
She is charged with felony DWI, unlawfully fleeing a police officer in a motor vehicle, criminal mischief, reckless endangerment and reckless driving.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, suffolk county, medford, drunk driving, long island news
- Investigators search for clues, victims in East Harlem explosion 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- More East Harlem explosion victims identified 25 min ago
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath & Beyond
- High winds damage power lines, Bed, Bath & Beyond store
- Man found alive in body bag dies weeks later
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape