Long Island News
Man accused of stealing from elderly mom to buy drugs
WESTBURY -- Police on Long Island allege that a man stole more than $100,000 from his 85-year-old mother to pay for his drug addiction.
Nassau County police say Paul Hannwacker was arrested early Sunday after his car was stopped at a 45-degree angle on a Westbury Road.
They say he was found with narcotics and his mother's credit card.
An investigation then uncovered the alleged thefts of money and jewelry over two years.
He faces charges that include DWI, possession of a controlled substance, grand larceny and identity theft.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, nassau county, westbury, drug, theft, long island news
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service 12 min ago
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term 10 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Bronx cell phone store robber caught on camera
- Disturbing details emerge about suspected Etan Patz killer
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in...
39 min ago