Long Island News
Man accused of stealing from elderly mom to buy drugs
WESTBURY -- Police on Long Island allege that a man stole more than $100,000 from his 85-year-old mother to pay for his drug addiction.
Nassau County police say Paul Hannwacker was arrested early Sunday after his car was stopped at a 45-degree angle on a Westbury Road.
They say he was found with narcotics and his mother's credit card.
An investigation then uncovered the alleged thefts of money and jewelry over two years.
He faces charges that include DWI, possession of a controlled substance, grand larceny and identity theft.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, nassau county, westbury, drug, theft, long island news
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 50 min ago
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos