Long Island News
Teens injured in school bus accident
PATCHOGUE (WABC) -- Five teens suffered injuries when a mini school bus and a dump truck crashed on Monday afternoon.
The accident happened around 3:30 p.m. near the intersection of Grove Avenue and Carman Street in Patchogue.
A dump truck t-boned a mini school bus. The dump truck driver was cited for disoveying a stop sign and for an equipment violation.
The dump truck from All County Block and Supply (from Holbrook) was traveling south on Grove Avenue in Patchogue when the 65-year-old male driver drove past a stop sign without stopping. The truck struck a mini school bus that was traveling east on Carman Street.
Five teens, 14-year-old twin boys, a 15-year-old male, a 15-year-old female and a 16-year-old female were transported to Brookhaven Hospital where they were treated for minor injuries. The 36-year-old female bus driver was not injured. The driver of the dump truck was not injured.
Police didn't know what school the teens went to, but the bus driver worked for Educational Bus Transport.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, patchogue, school bus accident, long island news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall