Long Island News
Teens injured in school bus accident
PATCHOGUE (WABC) -- Five teens suffered injuries when a mini school bus and a dump truck crashed on Monday afternoon.
The accident happened around 3:30 p.m. near the intersection of Grove Avenue and Carman Street in Patchogue.
A dump truck t-boned a mini school bus. The dump truck driver was cited for disoveying a stop sign and for an equipment violation.
The dump truck from All County Block and Supply (from Holbrook) was traveling south on Grove Avenue in Patchogue when the 65-year-old male driver drove past a stop sign without stopping. The truck struck a mini school bus that was traveling east on Carman Street.
Five teens, 14-year-old twin boys, a 15-year-old male, a 15-year-old female and a 16-year-old female were transported to Brookhaven Hospital where they were treated for minor injuries. The 36-year-old female bus driver was not injured. The driver of the dump truck was not injured.
Police didn't know what school the teens went to, but the bus driver worked for Educational Bus Transport.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, patchogue, school bus accident, long island news
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy 36 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins 49 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 46 min ago
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo 24 min ago
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
46 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos