Long Island News
Teens injured in school bus accident
PATCHOGUE (WABC) -- Five teens suffered injuries when a mini school bus and a dump truck crashed on Monday afternoon.
The accident happened around 3:30 p.m. near the intersection of Grove Avenue and Carman Street in Patchogue.
A dump truck t-boned a mini school bus. The dump truck driver was cited for disoveying a stop sign and for an equipment violation.
The dump truck from All County Block and Supply (from Holbrook) was traveling south on Grove Avenue in Patchogue when the 65-year-old male driver drove past a stop sign without stopping. The truck struck a mini school bus that was traveling east on Carman Street.
Five teens, 14-year-old twin boys, a 15-year-old male, a 15-year-old female and a 16-year-old female were transported to Brookhaven Hospital where they were treated for minor injuries. The 36-year-old female bus driver was not injured. The driver of the dump truck was not injured.
Police didn't know what school the teens went to, but the bus driver worked for Educational Bus Transport.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, patchogue, school bus accident, long island news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments