Long Island News
Crash in Patchogue leaves 1 dead, 2 injured
PATCHOGUE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A driver on Long Island is dead after flipping his car on Sunrise Highway.
22-year old Colin Garrett was driving on the highway's northbound service road in Patchogue early Sunday morning when the vehicle went out of control, hit a fence and grass median, and overturned on the highway.
Garrett, a resident of Patchogue, was thrown from the car and killed.
Two passengers, 22-year old Colleen Malia of Oakdale, and 20-year old Nicole Wilk of Bohemia, were taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center.
They are being treated for non life-threatening injuries.
The vehicle was impounded by Suffolk County Police for safety checks and the investigation is continuing.
long island, patchogue, suffolk county, accident, long island news
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Bill Bratton tapped to return as NYPD commisioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later 43 min ago
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre 48 min ago
- Metro-North derailment victim Jim Lovell to be laid to rest
- Freeze takes an icy grip on much of the nation
- Bob Dylan's Newport electric guitar for sale