Long Island News
Crash in Patchogue leaves 1 dead, 2 injured
PATCHOGUE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A driver on Long Island is dead after flipping his car on Sunrise Highway.
22-year old Colin Garrett was driving on the highway's northbound service road in Patchogue early Sunday morning when the vehicle went out of control, hit a fence and grass median, and overturned on the highway.
Garrett, a resident of Patchogue, was thrown from the car and killed.
Two passengers, 22-year old Colleen Malia of Oakdale, and 20-year old Nicole Wilk of Bohemia, were taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center.
They are being treated for non life-threatening injuries.
The vehicle was impounded by Suffolk County Police for safety checks and the investigation is continuing.
long island, patchogue, suffolk county, accident, long island news
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables in NYC carriage horse debate 49 min ago
- Sen. Rand Paul wins CPAC presidential straw poll
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams