Long Island News
Crash in Patchogue leaves 1 dead, 2 injured
PATCHOGUE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A driver on Long Island is dead after flipping his car on Sunrise Highway.
22-year old Colin Garrett was driving on the highway's northbound service road in Patchogue early Sunday morning when the vehicle went out of control, hit a fence and grass median, and overturned on the highway.
Garrett, a resident of Patchogue, was thrown from the car and killed.
Two passengers, 22-year old Colleen Malia of Oakdale, and 20-year old Nicole Wilk of Bohemia, were taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center.
They are being treated for non life-threatening injuries.
The vehicle was impounded by Suffolk County Police for safety checks and the investigation is continuing.
long island, patchogue, suffolk county, accident, long island news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation