Long Island News
Crash in Patchogue leaves 1 dead, 2 injured
PATCHOGUE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A driver on Long Island is dead after flipping his car on Sunrise Highway.
22-year old Colin Garrett was driving on the highway's northbound service road in Patchogue early Sunday morning when the vehicle went out of control, hit a fence and grass median, and overturned on the highway.
Garrett, a resident of Patchogue, was thrown from the car and killed.
Two passengers, 22-year old Colleen Malia of Oakdale, and 20-year old Nicole Wilk of Bohemia, were taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center.
They are being treated for non life-threatening injuries.
The vehicle was impounded by Suffolk County Police for safety checks and the investigation is continuing.
long island, patchogue, suffolk county, accident, long island news
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims 36 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half 4 min ago
- Malaysia asks countries for radar data to help find jet
- Here and Now
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
28 min ago