Long Island News
Crash in Patchogue leaves 1 dead, 2 injured
PATCHOGUE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A driver on Long Island is dead after flipping his car on Sunrise Highway.
22-year old Colin Garrett was driving on the highway's northbound service road in Patchogue early Sunday morning when the vehicle went out of control, hit a fence and grass median, and overturned on the highway.
Garrett, a resident of Patchogue, was thrown from the car and killed.
Two passengers, 22-year old Colleen Malia of Oakdale, and 20-year old Nicole Wilk of Bohemia, were taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center.
They are being treated for non life-threatening injuries.
The vehicle was impounded by Suffolk County Police for safety checks and the investigation is continuing.
long island, patchogue, suffolk county, accident, long island news
- Snow Alert issued in NYC for Tuesday 11 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Multiple people injured in Toms River bus accident 31 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold
- No tailgating to be allowed at NY/NJ Super Bowl 51 min ago
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims 32 min ago
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Snow Alert issued in NYC for Tuesday
11 min ago