Long Island News
2 men killed on Meadowbrook State Parkway
NORTH MERRICK (WABC) -- A multi-vehicle accident on the Meadowbrook State Parkway has cost two men their lives.
According to state police, a vehicles struck 76-year-old John Elder and 65-year-old Edward Ross while they were working on a disabled car on the shoulder of the parkway.
Police say a pick-up truck plowed into the men at a point where three lanes merge into two.
The truck's driver, 50-year-old Robert Beodeker, has been charged with reckless driving and driving without a license.
long island, meadowbrook state parkway, accident, long island news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos