Long Island News
2 men killed on Meadowbrook State Parkway
NORTH MERRICK (WABC) -- A multi-vehicle accident on the Meadowbrook State Parkway has cost two men their lives.
According to state police, a vehicles struck 76-year-old John Elder and 65-year-old Edward Ross while they were working on a disabled car on the shoulder of the parkway.
Police say a pick-up truck plowed into the men at a point where three lanes merge into two.
The truck's driver, 50-year-old Robert Beodeker, has been charged with reckless driving and driving without a license.
long island, meadowbrook state parkway, accident, long island news
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013