Long Island News
Suspect in deadly Meadowbrook Parkway crash appears in court
NORTH MERRICK (WABC) -- The suspect involved in the deadly Meadowbrook Parkway crash has appeared in court.
50-year-old Robert Beodeker is charged in the deadly crash where 76-year-old John Elder and 65-year-old Edward Ross were killed while working on a disabled car.
The suspect is charged with reckless driving.
In his first court appearance Beodeker said he had taken ambien and depression pills.
He is being held on $1,000 bail and has his license suspended.
Beodeker has had is license suspended six times before for failure to pay fines.
He is an Associate Dean at Suffolk Community College.
long island, meadowbrook state parkway, accident, long island news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads 23 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment 16 min ago
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- New Jersey black bear hunt set for Monday 42 min ago
- Paul Walker memorial draws thousands in California 34 min ago
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash 55 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos