Long Island News
Suspect in deadly Meadowbrook Parkway crash appears in court
NORTH MERRICK (WABC) -- The suspect involved in the deadly Meadowbrook Parkway crash has appeared in court.
50-year-old Robert Beodeker is charged in the deadly crash where 76-year-old John Elder and 65-year-old Edward Ross were killed while working on a disabled car.
The suspect is charged with reckless driving.
In his first court appearance Beodeker said he had taken ambien and depression pills.
He is being held on $1,000 bail and has his license suspended.
Beodeker has had is license suspended six times before for failure to pay fines.
He is an Associate Dean at Suffolk Community College.
long island, meadowbrook state parkway, accident, long island news
- Actor James Gandolfini of "The Sopranos" dies 11 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine 27 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning 6 min ago
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx 5 min ago
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Upstate NY men accused of trying to make X-ray weapon 58 min ago
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim 38 min ago
- Whistle-blower taped guards sleeping at JFK airport
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
27 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos