Long Island News
Suspect in deadly Meadowbrook Parkway crash appears in court
NORTH MERRICK (WABC) -- The suspect involved in the deadly Meadowbrook Parkway crash has appeared in court.
50-year-old Robert Beodeker is charged in the deadly crash where 76-year-old John Elder and 65-year-old Edward Ross were killed while working on a disabled car.
The suspect is charged with reckless driving.
In his first court appearance Beodeker said he had taken ambien and depression pills.
He is being held on $1,000 bail and has his license suspended.
Beodeker has had is license suspended six times before for failure to pay fines.
He is an Associate Dean at Suffolk Community College.
long island, meadowbrook state parkway, accident, long island news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92 3 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014