Long Island News
Art found in Bellport garage appraised for $30 million
BELLPORT -- Works by an obscure Armenian-American abstract impressionist discovered in a Long Island garage have been appraised at $30 million.
The new owner of the Bellport cottage found thousands of paintings, drawings and journals by Arthur Pinajian. News 12 Long Island says Peter Hastings Falk valued the works. He once appraised art from the Andy Warhol estate.
Some pieces already have sold for $500,000. Fifty of his landscapes are currently on exhibit at Manhattan's Fuller Building.
A recently published book by art historian William Innes Homer calls Pinajian's abstractions among the best of his era.
The bungalow was purchased in 2007 by Thomas Schultz.
long island, bellport, long island news
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral to be held Wednesday
- Video: Queens robber squirts clerk with lighter fluid 45 min ago
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos