Long Island News
Art found in Bellport garage appraised for $30 million
BELLPORT -- Works by an obscure Armenian-American abstract impressionist discovered in a Long Island garage have been appraised at $30 million.
The new owner of the Bellport cottage found thousands of paintings, drawings and journals by Arthur Pinajian. News 12 Long Island says Peter Hastings Falk valued the works. He once appraised art from the Andy Warhol estate.
Some pieces already have sold for $500,000. Fifty of his landscapes are currently on exhibit at Manhattan's Fuller Building.
A recently published book by art historian William Innes Homer calls Pinajian's abstractions among the best of his era.
The bungalow was purchased in 2007 by Thomas Schultz.
long island, bellport, long island news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act