Long Island News
Queenie the dog finds new loving home
SUFFOLK COUNTY (WABC) -- There's a heart-warming update about Queenie, a pit bull that nearly starved after being left to die in Suffolk County.
Queenie has gained enough weight to leave the animal hospital and she has a new home!
Weeks ago she was just skin and bones when her owner's estranged wife found her locked in a room.
She hadn't eaten for weeks.
She's now at home with her new owner.
Queenie's long-term prognosis isn't good because she suffered kidney failure from being starved, but now she has a loving home.
Her former owner is now facing criminal charges.
long island, dog, animal abuse, suffolk county, long island news
- Gunman dead in shooting at Colorado high school 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Winter storm Saturday 47 min ago
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- New York City issues snow alert 41 min ago
- Man in custody after incident at Chelsea school 28 min ago
- Baruch College student died from head injuries, coroner says
- Police searching for missing Rider U student
- Newtown victims to be remembered Saturday
- Photos: Photos of the Newtown school shooting victims
- Kansas man arrested in car bomb plot at airport 33 min ago
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email 33 min ago
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books
- AccuWeather: Winter storm Saturday
47 min ago