Long Island News
Queenie the dog finds new loving home
SUFFOLK COUNTY (WABC) -- There's a heart-warming update about Queenie, a pit bull that nearly starved after being left to die in Suffolk County.
Queenie has gained enough weight to leave the animal hospital and she has a new home!
Weeks ago she was just skin and bones when her owner's estranged wife found her locked in a room.
She hadn't eaten for weeks.
She's now at home with her new owner.
Queenie's long-term prognosis isn't good because she suffered kidney failure from being starved, but now she has a loving home.
Her former owner is now facing criminal charges.
long island, dog, animal abuse, suffolk county, long island news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident 17 min ago
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon 18 min ago
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation