Long Island News
Queenie the dog finds new loving home
SUFFOLK COUNTY (WABC) -- There's a heart-warming update about Queenie, a pit bull that nearly starved after being left to die in Suffolk County.
Queenie has gained enough weight to leave the animal hospital and she has a new home!
Weeks ago she was just skin and bones when her owner's estranged wife found her locked in a room.
She hadn't eaten for weeks.
She's now at home with her new owner.
Queenie's long-term prognosis isn't good because she suffered kidney failure from being starved, but now she has a loving home.
Her former owner is now facing criminal charges.
long island, dog, animal abuse, suffolk county, long island news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 30 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside 49 min ago
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
30 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos