Long Island News
Suspicious fire tears through home in Bellport
BELLPORT (WABC) -- Firefighters are investigating a suspicious fire that destroyed a home on Long Island late Tuesday.
Flames shot through the roof of the Victorian house on Atlantic Avenue in Bellport around 11 p.m.
All of the firefighters were pulled out of the home after the roof collapsed into the second floor.
They continued to fight the fire from outside.
Fortunately, no one was hurt, but the house was a total loss.
The fire was deemed to be suspicious, and the investigation is ongoing.
long island, bellport, arson, fire, long island news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos