Long Island News
Long Island firefighter charged with stalking co-worker
LONG BEACH -- A Long Island firefighter is accused of repeatedly stalking and ridiculing another firefighter.
According to court papers, Long Beach firefighter Brian McNamara would walk back and forth outside John Ritter's home, cursing and vowing to haunt him forever. He allegedly screamed expletives and made fun of Ritter's firefighters' union shirt.
McNamara pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor stalking through his lawyer on Wednesday. The judge issued a protective order barring McNamara from contacting Ritter and his wife.
The alleged bullying started in 2009.
McNamara, a firefighter since 2005, is freed on $100 bail.
McNamara made headlines in 2008 when he had two NYPD officers arrested when he was bludgeoned during a late-night dispute over comments made to his sister. The beating left him with two black eyes.
long island, long beach, stalking, long island news
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 41 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark 56 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 17 min ago
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed 50 min ago
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013 51 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
41 min ago