Long Island News
Long Island firefighter charged with stalking co-worker
LONG BEACH -- A Long Island firefighter is accused of repeatedly stalking and ridiculing another firefighter.
According to court papers, Long Beach firefighter Brian McNamara would walk back and forth outside John Ritter's home, cursing and vowing to haunt him forever. He allegedly screamed expletives and made fun of Ritter's firefighters' union shirt.
McNamara pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor stalking through his lawyer on Wednesday. The judge issued a protective order barring McNamara from contacting Ritter and his wife.
The alleged bullying started in 2009.
McNamara, a firefighter since 2005, is freed on $100 bail.
McNamara made headlines in 2008 when he had two NYPD officers arrested when he was bludgeoned during a late-night dispute over comments made to his sister. The beating left him with two black eyes.
long island, long beach, stalking, long island news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week 27 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 44 min ago
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate 11 min ago
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong 8 min ago
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win
- Brooklyn family desperately searching for...
43 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
27 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage...
38 min ago