Long Island News
Robert Beodeker, suspect in deadly Meadowbrook Parkway crash arrested again
NORTH MERRICK (WABC) -- The suspect involved in the deadly Meadowbrook Parkway crash has been arrested again on more serious charges.
50-year-old Robert Beodeker was re-arrested by the New York State Police on additional charges of Aggravated Vehicular Manslaughter, two counts of Vehicular Manslaughter in the Second Degree, two counts of Criminally Negligent Homicide, and Driving While Ability Impaired by Drugs.
After being released from jail, Beodeker spoke exclusively to Eyewitness News about the accident WATCH PREVIOUS STORY.
But state police now say they found both methamphetamine and amphetamine in Beodeker's system after running toxicology tests.
Beodeker's attorney says he hasn't even seen the toxicology report
"They're claiming that he was intoxicated by drugs but they didn't even give it to me so I can't even defend the case at this point ," said Richard Wool.
It was March 4th when police say Beodeker , a dean at Suffolk County Community College slammed into two motorists who were fixing a broken down car on the side of the Meadowbrook Parkway where John Elder and Edward Ross were both killed.
Beodeker , a father of three was charged with reckless driving and driving with a suspended license.
He told police he had taken Ambien and medication for depression.
Now he's facing homicide charges in the deaths of the two victims.
Beodeker's attorney says it was just an accident.
"This is a man who's never been arrested before, no record just a normal man who had a good life," adds Wool.
He has been suspended from Suffolk County Community College.
Beodeker pleaded not guilty to the upgraded charges at his arraignment Friday.
His next court date is March 19.
long island, meadowbrook state parkway, accident, long island news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler 26 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 3 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
26 min ago