Long Island News
Robert Beodeker, suspect in deadly Meadowbrook Parkway crash arrested again
NORTH MERRICK (WABC) -- The suspect involved in the deadly Meadowbrook Parkway crash has been arrested again on more serious charges.
50-year-old Robert Beodeker was re-arrested by the New York State Police on additional charges of Aggravated Vehicular Manslaughter, two counts of Vehicular Manslaughter in the Second Degree, two counts of Criminally Negligent Homicide, and Driving While Ability Impaired by Drugs.
After being released from jail, Beodeker spoke exclusively to Eyewitness News about the accident WATCH PREVIOUS STORY.
But state police now say they found both methamphetamine and amphetamine in Beodeker's system after running toxicology tests.
Beodeker's attorney says he hasn't even seen the toxicology report
"They're claiming that he was intoxicated by drugs but they didn't even give it to me so I can't even defend the case at this point ," said Richard Wool.
It was March 4th when police say Beodeker , a dean at Suffolk County Community College slammed into two motorists who were fixing a broken down car on the side of the Meadowbrook Parkway where John Elder and Edward Ross were both killed.
Beodeker , a father of three was charged with reckless driving and driving with a suspended license.
He told police he had taken Ambien and medication for depression.
Now he's facing homicide charges in the deaths of the two victims.
Beodeker's attorney says it was just an accident.
"This is a man who's never been arrested before, no record just a normal man who had a good life," adds Wool.
He has been suspended from Suffolk County Community College.
Beodeker pleaded not guilty to the upgraded charges at his arraignment Friday.
His next court date is March 19.
long island, meadowbrook state parkway, accident, long island news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 58 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam 24 min ago
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 25 min ago
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap 3 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day...
21 min ago
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
58 min ago
- Man who took video explains high school fued
16 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos