Long Island News
Robert Beodeker, suspect in deadly Meadowbrook Parkway crash arrested again
NORTH MERRICK (WABC) -- The suspect involved in the deadly Meadowbrook Parkway crash has been arrested again on more serious charges.
50-year-old Robert Beodeker was re-arrested by the New York State Police on additional charges of Aggravated Vehicular Manslaughter, two counts of Vehicular Manslaughter in the Second Degree, two counts of Criminally Negligent Homicide, and Driving While Ability Impaired by Drugs.
After being released from jail, Beodeker spoke exclusively to Eyewitness News about the accident WATCH PREVIOUS STORY.
But state police now say they found both methamphetamine and amphetamine in Beodeker's system after running toxicology tests.
Beodeker's attorney says he hasn't even seen the toxicology report
"They're claiming that he was intoxicated by drugs but they didn't even give it to me so I can't even defend the case at this point ," said Richard Wool.
It was March 4th when police say Beodeker , a dean at Suffolk County Community College slammed into two motorists who were fixing a broken down car on the side of the Meadowbrook Parkway where John Elder and Edward Ross were both killed.
Beodeker , a father of three was charged with reckless driving and driving with a suspended license.
He told police he had taken Ambien and medication for depression.
Now he's facing homicide charges in the deaths of the two victims.
Beodeker's attorney says it was just an accident.
"This is a man who's never been arrested before, no record just a normal man who had a good life," adds Wool.
He has been suspended from Suffolk County Community College.
Beodeker pleaded not guilty to the upgraded charges at his arraignment Friday.
His next court date is March 19.
long island, meadowbrook state parkway, accident, long island news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park