Long Island News
Driver killed in high-speed crash on LIE service road
MEDFORD (WABC) -- A driver was killed in a high-speed crash on Long Island early Monday.
The accident happened just after 1 a.m. on the Long Island Expressway Service Road in Medford.
Police say the car crossed over North Ocean Avenue and went airborne, eventually crashing into two trees.
The car split into pieces, and the driver was thrown from the vehicle.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash.
A search was done of the area for any other victims that may have been in the car, and no other bodies were found.
long island, long island expressway, accident, medford, long island news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 45 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 19 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Geno Smith leads Jets to victory over Raiders 36 min ago
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
45 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos