Long Island News
Police search for missing woman on Gilgo Beach
GILGO BEACH -- Police on Long Island are searching for a missing New York City woman after personal items were found in Gilgo Beach.
Authorities say they received a 911 call about the found articles on Sunday.
According to Newsday, they also are trying to determine the owner of an abandoned blue Toyota Prius on the south side of Ocean Parkway.
Nassau police say there is no connection between the missing woman and the discovery of 10 sets of human remains in the Gilgo Beach area between December 2010 and April 2011.
The identity of the missing woman was not disclosed.
The NYPD is working with Nassau and Suffolk police in the search.
long island, gilgo beach, missing person, long island news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 41 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam 7 min ago
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 8 min ago
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos