Long Island News
Suffolk legislature passes energy drink ban for kids
SUFFOLK COUNTY (WABC) -- The Suffolk County Legislature passed a ban on the sale of energy drinks to minors at parks and beaches.
Lawmakers also passed a bill creating an educational campaign to teach kids about the health risks of too much caffeine.
The Suffolk County executive is expected to sign the measures into law.
This comes as a group of doctors and scientists are urging the FDA to take action on energy drinks.
long island, suffolk county, long island news
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath and Beyond 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Newark tanker fire snarls traffic, delays NJ Transit trains
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Suspect in terrifying Brooklyn sex assault caught on camera
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- George Zimmerman's parents sue Roseanne Barr
- Alleged drunk driver rams crowd, kills 2 at SXSW in Texas
- Report: Average Wall Street bonus tops $164,000