Long Island News
Suffolk legislature passes energy drink ban for kids
SUFFOLK COUNTY (WABC) -- The Suffolk County Legislature passed a ban on the sale of energy drinks to minors at parks and beaches.
Lawmakers also passed a bill creating an educational campaign to teach kids about the health risks of too much caffeine.
The Suffolk County executive is expected to sign the measures into law.
This comes as a group of doctors and scientists are urging the FDA to take action on energy drinks.
long island, suffolk county, long island news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments