Long Island News
Suffolk legislature passes energy drink ban for kids
SUFFOLK COUNTY (WABC) -- The Suffolk County Legislature passed a ban on the sale of energy drinks to minors at parks and beaches.
Lawmakers also passed a bill creating an educational campaign to teach kids about the health risks of too much caffeine.
The Suffolk County executive is expected to sign the measures into law.
This comes as a group of doctors and scientists are urging the FDA to take action on energy drinks.
long island, suffolk county, long island news
- Tornado Warning extended for Sullivan County 1 min ago
- London attack could be terror-related, officials say 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb?
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Funeral to be held Wednesday for slain Hofstra student
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- FBI shoots man possibly linked to Boston bomb suspects,...
- Hats get women ejected from mall 50 min ago
- Garcia apologizes for "fried chicken" remark about Tiger
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos