Long Island News
Suffolk legislature passes energy drink ban for kids
SUFFOLK COUNTY (WABC) -- The Suffolk County Legislature passed a ban on the sale of energy drinks to minors at parks and beaches.
Lawmakers also passed a bill creating an educational campaign to teach kids about the health risks of too much caffeine.
The Suffolk County executive is expected to sign the measures into law.
This comes as a group of doctors and scientists are urging the FDA to take action on energy drinks.
long island, suffolk county, long island news
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 41 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 12 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane 14 min ago
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing 53 min ago
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice 45 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
12 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos