Long Island News
Suffolk legislature passes energy drink ban for kids
SUFFOLK COUNTY (WABC) -- The Suffolk County Legislature passed a ban on the sale of energy drinks to minors at parks and beaches.
Lawmakers also passed a bill creating an educational campaign to teach kids about the health risks of too much caffeine.
The Suffolk County executive is expected to sign the measures into law.
This comes as a group of doctors and scientists are urging the FDA to take action on energy drinks.
long island, suffolk county, long island news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 16 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Baby it's cold outside!
- Charges expected in fraternity death 26 min ago
- Mega Millions hits $400M for Friday drawing 45 min ago
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Charges expected in fraternity death
26 min ago
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
16 min ago