Long Island News
Long Island principal accused of sex with teen
FREEPORT (WABC) -- A Long Island principal is under arrest Wednesday, accused of having sex with a teenage boy he met online.
Nassau County police took John Omard, the principal at J.W. Dodd Middle School in Freeport, into custody.
The 44-year-old O'Mard was awaiting arraignment Wednesday on four counts of third-degree criminal sex act.
It's alleged that he arranged to meet the 16-year-old in September of 2012, drove the boy to his Freeport home and engaged in sex acts with the victim. The victim was not legally able to consent due to his age.
The boy's age leads police to believe he was likely not a student at the school.
long island, freeport, sex abuse, long island news
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup 16 min ago
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- Newtown groups open week of 'acts of kindness' 5 min ago
- Joe Torre elected to Baseball Hall of Fame 35 min ago
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures 52 min ago
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area 18 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
16 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos