Long Island News
Long Island principal accused of sex with teen
FREEPORT (WABC) -- A Long Island principal is under arrest Wednesday, accused of having sex with a teenage boy he met online.
Nassau County police took John Omard, the principal at J.W. Dodd Middle School in Freeport, into custody.
The 44-year-old O'Mard was awaiting arraignment Wednesday on four counts of third-degree criminal sex act.
It's alleged that he arranged to meet the 16-year-old in September of 2012, drove the boy to his Freeport home and engaged in sex acts with the victim. The victim was not legally able to consent due to his age.
The boy's age leads police to believe he was likely not a student at the school.
long island, freeport, sex abuse, long island news
- Metro North: Conn. train outage expected for days
- AccuWeather: Dreary Night
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello at graduation
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, 21 injured
- Taylor Swift wins 8 trophies at Billboard Awards 47 min ago
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Man falls out window during Broadway show
- Video: Who will win the Indianapolis 500?
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards 38 min ago
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers