Long Island News
Long Island principal accused of sex with teen
FREEPORT (WABC) -- A Long Island principal is under arrest Wednesday, accused of having sex with a teenage boy he met online.
Nassau County police took John Omard, the principal at J.W. Dodd Middle School in Freeport, into custody.
The 44-year-old O'Mard was awaiting arraignment Wednesday on four counts of third-degree criminal sex act.
It's alleged that he arranged to meet the 16-year-old in September of 2012, drove the boy to his Freeport home and engaged in sex acts with the victim. The victim was not legally able to consent due to his age.
The boy's age leads police to believe he was likely not a student at the school.
long island, freeport, sex abuse, long island news
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 58 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 7 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 10 min ago
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins 11 min ago
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports 46 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
11 min ago