Long Island News
Long Island principal accused of sex with teen
FREEPORT (WABC) -- A Long Island principal is under arrest Wednesday, accused of having sex with a teenage boy he met online.
Nassau County police took John Omard, the principal at J.W. Dodd Middle School in Freeport, into custody.
The 44-year-old O'Mard was awaiting arraignment Wednesday on four counts of third-degree criminal sex act.
It's alleged that he arranged to meet the 16-year-old in September of 2012, drove the boy to his Freeport home and engaged in sex acts with the victim. The victim was not legally able to consent due to his age.
The boy's age leads police to believe he was likely not a student at the school.
long island, freeport, sex abuse, long island news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler 41 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident 33 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville 8 min ago
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
41 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos