Long Island News
Long Island principal accused of sex with teen
FREEPORT (WABC) -- A Long Island principal is under arrest Wednesday, accused of having sex with a teenage boy he met online.
Nassau County police took John Omard, the principal at J.W. Dodd Middle School in Freeport, into custody.
The 44-year-old O'Mard was awaiting arraignment Wednesday on four counts of third-degree criminal sex act.
It's alleged that he arranged to meet the 16-year-old in September of 2012, drove the boy to his Freeport home and engaged in sex acts with the victim. The victim was not legally able to consent due to his age.
The boy's age leads police to believe he was likely not a student at the school.
long island, freeport, sex abuse, long island news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash