Long Island News
Women arrested with heroin, kids in car on Long Island
EAST PATCHOGUE (WABC) -- Two Long Island women were arrested on drug and endangering the welfare of a child charges after they were discovered in a parked vehicle with heroin and their children Wednesday night.
Police say two officers were on patrol in East Patchogue when they observed two women sitting in a 2002 Ford Explorer in the parking lot of the East Winds apartment complex located on Montauk Highway around 9:30 p.m.
They say 26-year-old Tara Riley, of Medford, who was in the driver's seat, and 27-year-old Amanda Kosby, of North Bellport, who was seated in the front passenger seat, were both in possession of hypodermic instruments containing the drug.
Riley's 4-year-old daughter and Kosby's 5-year-old son were passengers in the back seat of the car.
Authorities say there were open bags of heroin on the front seat of the vehicle, and the women stated they had gotten high earlier in the day.
Riley and Kosby were each charged with two counts of endangering the welfare of a child, criminal possession of a controlled substance and criminally possessing a hypodermic instrument.
long island, east patchogue, drug, heroin, long island news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos