Long Island News
Women arrested with heroin, kids in car on Long Island
EAST PATCHOGUE (WABC) -- Two Long Island women were arrested on drug and endangering the welfare of a child charges after they were discovered in a parked vehicle with heroin and their children Wednesday night.
Police say two officers were on patrol in East Patchogue when they observed two women sitting in a 2002 Ford Explorer in the parking lot of the East Winds apartment complex located on Montauk Highway around 9:30 p.m.
They say 26-year-old Tara Riley, of Medford, who was in the driver's seat, and 27-year-old Amanda Kosby, of North Bellport, who was seated in the front passenger seat, were both in possession of hypodermic instruments containing the drug.
Riley's 4-year-old daughter and Kosby's 5-year-old son were passengers in the back seat of the car.
Authorities say there were open bags of heroin on the front seat of the vehicle, and the women stated they had gotten high earlier in the day.
Riley and Kosby were each charged with two counts of endangering the welfare of a child, criminal possession of a controlled substance and criminally possessing a hypodermic instrument.
long island, east patchogue, drug, heroin, long island news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 1 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges coming in death of Baruch College student, prosecutor...
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar 22 min ago
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral 30 min ago
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
1 min ago